Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuamotus Tidal Guestimator Updated

New Zealand

The 2011 Pacific season has started and Sherry on Soggy Paws has given me some feedback and help for a minor update of the Tidal Guestimator for the Tuamotus or as she calls it, the "tide thingy". Updates are minor, but should solve a potential lookup error and add some helpful internal links. It also include some minor updates to the lookup values of Atols we had limited info on before.

Version 1.2 can be found here or as always by clicking the "Visions Shared Docs" Link on the right side of the blog.

If you are a user, please send feedback on how the "default" values worked so we can continue to make the estimates better for future sailors. I am not in the Tuamotus this season so I have to rely on the users to provide the raw data.

Also, I understand there was some confusion over the multiple tabs of the file, with users only getting the instruction page to load. I know this will be a problem if you use Microsoft Works instead of Excel. I am not sure of a solution to this other than downloading and using Open Office a free open source alternative that supports multiple tabs.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions and if you find this program particularly helpful, please make a donation via paypal at the bottom of the blog.

No comments: