Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bored, Nothing To Do

Hao, Tuamotus, French Polynesia

One of my favorite sayings when I was a child was "I'm Bored" and one of my favorite books was about some bored kids who build a plane out of parts in their barn with the same title as this post. Seeing as I usually judge the quality of my days by how much time I spend in the water, the inability to get my hand wet is putting a bit of a damper on my activities and I am heartily resisting the urge to resort to my 8 year old self, so I spent most of the day in the hamock, reading my kindle and trying to stay cool. We put up the awning this morning to help that and I did help Bill with a small project but I am feeling rather helpless and like quite the freeloader as I can't do much to help out.

Tonight we will have Sushi which will be Bill's chance to learn how to properly cut tuna and form rice balls. Hopefully we can get through it without killing each other! I know it will be frustrating for me as I won't be able to demonstrate very effectively. Still each day is progress to recovery and hopefully in another 10-14 days I can start to get back to my old self.

No comments: