Thursday, October 29, 2009

Published

I have two articles published in the last month or so. The first was a reprint of my Chesapeake Sailing Yacht Symposium paper on the new Navy 44's, and was published by Professional Boatbuilder. You can see the table of contents here, and pick up a copy at your local marine bookstore. This one even ended up being a paid gig.

My second article is paying in satellite airtime only, but it will help a bunch as I can do my testing with data I actually want to send and receive anyway, so there is some benefit to the boat for all the time it is taking. My first of a series of articles on small broadband capable satellite phones just came out on Panbo. It gets credit as the longest Panbo article to date, and hopefully, combined with my next phase of testing will make a decent magazine article in a few more months. Exciting for me and something I hoped to have more time to spend on during the trip, if I could stop spending all my time fixing things.

No comments: